Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Titanium jewelry invaded The Oscars and Baseball Team


Oscar night is one of the biggest nights in Hollywood. For the elite in the movie industry this is not only the night where they award their own for excellence in cinema, but also show off their outfits and jewelry to their world.
At the Oscars men show off their look with exclusive tuxedos and subtle- well, usually at least- jewelry which adorn their hands, necks and, sometimes, ears.
During this time, Jeremy Renner was wearing one of those titanium rings which I've seen gaining in popularity in recent years. Renner's ring seemed pretty standard with its simple shape, and subtle design. Frankly, the only reason I probably noticed it was that one of my friend's husband's wears one as his wedding band. Renner is not married nor engaged so I'm guessing it's purely a style thing.
I've really become a fan of these titanium rings. At first I thought maybe it was a bit too "industrial" for something like a wedding band, but as time has gone on they have really started to grow on me. I've actually started looking into them for one of my friends who is getting married. She asked me what I thought she should get for the men's wedding band and I was happy to give her my opinion. She looked into it and was really impressed at what she found.

Phiten titanium necklaces, a new accessory trend, popular among some Major League Baseball players, may help to avoid fatigue and sore muscles. The necklaces are reputed to regulate the flow of energy throughout a body.

This efficient use of a body’s energy helps athletes tire less and recover quicker from strenuous exercise, according to the Phiten USA store’s Web site.

“Baseball players buy them like they are going out of style,” said Chris Miller, assistant manager of the West Side Hibbett’s Sports store. Hibbett’s sells necklaces, bracelets and shooting sleeves infused with titanium. The items range in price from $12 to $35.
Products with a higher concentration of titanium are available, but can become as expensive as $100 for a necklace. Many professional baseball players swear by them according to Phiten USA’s Web site, even though both doctors and scientists alike claim there is no proof.
The necklaces have garnered attention during the playoffs, as they've been worn by New York Yankees A.J. Burnett, Nick Swisher and Joba Chamberlain, among others.
Unlike other metal accessories with reported similar properties, titanium works not with magnets, but ions. Negative ions are believed to enhance mood and help battle depression, according to Web MD site.

Miller compared the sensation after wearing the necklace as similar to having vapor rub on your skin.

“It’s a very subtle difference, you’ll notice it more when you’re not wearing it,” Miller said.

1 comment:

  1. It’s appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or advice. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read even more things about it!
    Titanium Jewelry

    ReplyDelete